Friday 9 December 2011

Urban Decay 15 Year Anniversary Palette

I recently purchased the Urban Decay 15 yr palette. I bought it because House of Fraser  had a brand event on and I got 10% off the original price. I had been itching to buy something but I didn't know what to get until I was on YouTube again and saw videos of this palette.


It comes with 15 eye shadows!!! I think this palette is great value for money. You get so much for your money and you have a range of colours from neutrals to brights.


The packaging is to pretty too!! It doesn't feel cheap at all. Feels luxurious and edgy at the same time. You can tell they have spent a lot of time on this palette. I think its much better than the Naked Palette as it has an expensive feel to it. The only downside to the packaging is that your fingerprints get everywhere because it has a mirrored effect.

Don't let this put you off as the quality of the shadows is amazing and the one reason why I really wanted to buy this palette is because of 'Blackout' shadow. Its an intense black and its sooo creamy. Makes it easier to apply. It doesn't compare to my Carbon from Mac.




There are 15 colours in total and they are all so creamy and easy to apply. The only one I think I have difficulty with is Vanilla. When I apply this colour its not so creamy its more chunky. I can't really explain it but when I apply this to the lid its not very smooth.

on to the swatches...

L-R: Midnight Rodeo, Midnight 15, Vanilla, Flow and Chase


 L - R :   Tainted, Junkshow, Omen, Evidence and Deep end








L-R : Deeper, M.I.A, Ace, Blackout and Half Truth 



Overall, this palette is amazing! you can create alot of different looks with it and most of the colours are easy to work with. I think that they should have added more Matte colours but Urban Decay are known for having palettes that don't have much Matte colours.

Now I can't wait for the Naked 2 Palette!!


Have a great weekend and sorry for the late post!


Beki xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment